Dr. Fred Haney is the founder and President of the Venture Management Co., a firm that provides startup guidance to high tech companies. He is the author of “The Fundable Startup: How Disruptive Companies Attract Capital,” published on February 6, 2018, by Select Books of New York.
Other accomplishments include:
- Founder, Monday Club, a 1000-member mentoring network (MondayClub.com) that has helped hundreds of startups raise capital
- Co-founder, Tech Coast Angels, one of the largest angel investor groups in the U.S.
- Founder and manager of 3i Ventures, California, a venture capital fund that was the largest fund in Southern California in the 1980s and that invested $80 million in 60 companies and produced 19 public companies and highly profitable, top quartile returns.
Dr. Haney has been a co-founder of five startup companies, including:
- NovaDigm Therapeutics, the first fungal vaccine tested in humans
- DRC Computer, the most powerful gene sequencing computer in the world
- NMR Finder, an artificial intelligence nuclear magnetic resonance imaging accelerator.
He earned a Ph.D. degree in Computer Sciences from Carnegie-Mellon University, an M.S. in Mathematics from Colorado State University, and a B.A. from Ohio Wesleyan University.