Some companies might refer to this position as an “Accountant” or a “Bookkeeper”, but for us the Financial Operations Associate title is a more accurate fit for the role. The FOA is will provide detailed accounting/bookkeeping support and work directly with our clients.
You are not required to be Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Your Success Profile
If you are a responsible, detail-oriented team player who takes pride in the quality of your work, then you will be perfect for this role.
Your Professional Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- At least five (5) years’ practical bookkeeping/accounting experience required
At Supporting Strategies our core values drive the success of our clients, team, and community.
- We are committed to integrity, inclusivity, and excellence
- We take ownership
- We are dedicated to the success of our community
An important part of our commitment to excellence is integrity. We value honesty and strong business ethics and ensure that we deliver a high-value solution to growing businesses.
“Working with Supporting Strategies has been a rewarding experience! I especially enjoy the flexibility that allows for a very comfortable work/life balance. Each day presents new challenges and opportunities that help me advance my skills and bring variety to my tasks. I enjoy the daily interactions with my team members and clients alike.”
What you’ll find
Providing great accountants with remote, work-from-home opportunities where they can make a tremendous impact on our clients. This has been our cornerstone since we opened our virtual doors in 2004.
If you want to work 20-30 hours per week for an award-winning and pioneering organization in a work-from-home environment, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
What we do
We empower small to midsize business owners by taking accounting and operations support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on what matters – growing their business.
Our experienced professionals use our leading-edge cloud-based technology, virtual infrastructure, and proven process to deliver a full-suite of outsourced financial and bookkeeping services.
We have fantastic opportunities for accountants who thrive on providing exceptional client service while wanting to live a true work-life balance. We’re powered by the strength of our network community of nearly 700 employees and more than 100 offices across the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Stay current on the latest cloud-based accounting technology
- Support client onboarding process for all assigned client engagements in accordance with defined process
- Execute, as applicable, processes related to accounts payable and accounts receivable management, accounting entries, closing the books monthly as well as preparing financial reporting and analysis. May also include payroll, HR administration and special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with your manager and other Associates on your team to ensure all clients are delighted with our services through timely and effective communication, delivery on deadlines and stellar accounting support
- Manage day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budget parameters
- Identify and recommend to your manager areas where Supporting Strategies may be able to provide additional services or tools to drive additional client value and efficiency
- Embrace coaching and feedback provided by your manager and implement changes as needed to help meet team and client goals
What you’ll bring
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 5+ years of transactional accounting work in a professional environment required
- Experience in a multi-client environment, highly preferred
- Experience working with small to mid-sized business, highly preferred
- Experience using QuickBooks and/or similar cloud-based accounting software for/in a professional organization
- Capacity and commitment to work 20-30 hours a week
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to follow established policies and procedures consistently and accurately
- A passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping businesses succeed
- Ability to work effectively in a remote setting and build client relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality while working with client data
- A dedicated workspace with a reliable, high-speed internet connection