The Financial Operations Director will lead FOMs directly and FOAs indirectly. FODs are closely involved in the day-to-day operations of their team and ultimately accountable for client and team member satisfaction. You are not required to be Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Your Professional Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required
- At least 5 years’ practical bookkeeping/accounting experience required
- A minimum of five (5) years in a leadership role required
Your Success Profile
If you are a responsible, detail-oriented team player who takes pride in the quality of your work, then you are perfect for this role.
At Supporting Strategies our core values drive the success of our clients, team, and community.
- We are committed to integrity, inclusivity, and excellence
- We take ownership
- We are dedicated to the success of our community
An important part of our commitment to excellence is integrity. We value honesty and strong business ethics and ensure that we deliver a high-value solution to growing businesses.
“Work-life balance, client variety, opportunity to learn, great team support and excellent systems infrastructure.”
Are you an experienced accounting leader looking for a rewarding role that gives you the work/life balance you want? Would you be eager to utilize your accounting knowledge and leadership skills while inspiring a remote team of experienced client-facing accountants in a part-time capacity? If so, we may have an opportunity for you.
In this highly impactful role, you will use your client service expertise and accounting leadership to drive a positive client and team experience. Your proven management experience and ability to develop a team will help continue to build Supporting Strategies’ reputation as a unique place to work.
What We Do
We empower small and midsize business owners by taking accounting and operational support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on what matters most – growing their business.
Our virtual experienced team of professionals use our cloud-based technology, virtual infrastructure, and proven process to deliver a full-suite of outsourced accounting services.
Business growth has created fantastic opportunities for financial professionals who thrive on providing exceptional client service while seeking optimal work-life balance for themselves, as well as the strength of a franchise network community of 700 employees and more than 100 offices across the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices and direct management of a team in providing exceptional accounting and operational service to our clients
- Build trusted advisor relationship with client executives by gaining an in-depth understanding of their business needs and objectives to proactively provide efficient solutions and recommend incremental services as their business scales
- Partner with members of our Talent Acquisition team and your Managing Director to manage the hiring process for remote accountants assigned to you
- Train and mentor assigned team members in accordance with Supporting Strategies’ standard process. Provide ongoing coaching to ensure highest quality of client work and service
- Monitor team member performance and lead annual performance reviews
- Serve as a resource to all assigned team members for guidance on client tasks and/or resolution of client issues
- Balance workflow by aligning client needs with teams’ expertise and capacity in accordance with predetermined budgets. Maintain optimal profit margin for assigned clients and team
What you’ll bring
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- 10+ years of related accounting experience is required
- 5+ years of hands-on management experience including hiring, training, and developing a highly engaged service-oriented team is required.
- Experience in a multi-client environment, preferably small to midsize businesses
- Significant experience using QuickBooks and/or similar cloud-based accounting software
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve issues
- Willingness to follow established policies and procedures consistently and accurately
- A passion for delighting clients and helping businesses succeed
- Ability to develop strong remote team and client relationships based on trust, accountability, and integrity
- A dedicated workspace with reliable, high-speed internet connection