This position is commonly entitled “Accounting Manager”, but we find the Financial Operations Manager title to be a better representation of the role duties. The FOM is responsible for overall leadership and support to the team of FOAs. They work closely with our clients and are responsible for ensuring complete client satisfaction. You are not required to be Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Your Success Profile
If you are a responsible, detail-oriented team player who takes pride in the quality of your work, then you are perfect for this role.
Your Professional Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required
- At least 5 years’ practical bookkeeping/accounting experience required
- A minimum of one (1) year of leadership/direct management experience required
At Supporting Strategies our core values drive the success of our clients, team, and community.
- We are committed to integrity, inclusivity, and excellence
- We take ownership
- We are dedicated to the success of our community
An important part of our commitment to excellence is integrity. We value honesty and strong business ethics and ensure that we deliver a high-value solution to growing businesses.
“Flexibility provided, great opportunity to work with many different clients in several industries. Great team.”
In this highly impactful, hands-on role, you will utilize your client service management expertise and accounting knowledge to drive the best possible client experience. Your management experience will help continue to build Supporting Strategies’ reputation as a truly unique place to work.
What We Do
We empower small to midsize business owners by taking accounting and operations support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on what matters – growing their business.
Our experienced professionals use our leading-edge cloud-based technology, virtual infrastructure, and proven process to deliver a full-suite of outsourced financial services.
We have fantastic opportunities for financial professionals who thrive on providing exceptional client service while wanting the right work-life balance for themselves. We’re powered by the strength of our network community of nearly 700 employees and more than 100 offices across the U.S.
Our business growth has created fantastic opportunities for accountants who thrive on providing exceptional client service while seeking the best work-life balance for themselves, as well as the strength of a franchise network community of nearly 700 employees and more than 100 offices across the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices and support the team in providing exceptional service to our clients
- Oversee client onboarding process for all assigned client engagements
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality while working with client data.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with client executives by gaining an in-depth understanding of their business needs and objectives to proactively identify issues and provide solutions
- Implement our technology toolbox as applicable on all client engagements to drive efficiency and client value
- Partner with our talent team and your Managing Director to manage the hiring process for remote accountants assigned to you
- Orient and train newly assigned accountants in accordance with our standard process. Provide ongoing coaching and review to ensure highest quality of service
- Monitor team member performance by reviewing quality of work, adherence to protocols, timeliness of deliverables and adherence to client budgets
- Provide coaching and feedback as needed. Schedule and lead annual performance reviews in accordance with defined process
- Balance workflow by aligning client needs with teams’ expertise and capacity in accordance with predetermined budgets. Maintain profit margin for assigned clients and team
What you’ll bring to the table
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- 10+ years of related accounting experience is required
- 1+ years of hands-on management experience including hiring, training, and developing a highly engaged service-oriented team is preferred
- Experience in a multi-client environment
- Experience working with small to mid-sized business preferred
- Experience using QuickBooks and/or similar cloud-based accounting software for/in a professional organization
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve issues
- Willingness to follow established policies and procedures consistently and accurately
- A passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping businesses succeed
- Ability to develop strong remote team and client relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices
- A dedicated workspace with a reliable, high-speed internet connection